Thursday, March 19, 2009

President Annalisis: part II

Essay layout

Topic: Kaiyukan Aquairiam
Specific Goal: to describe, define, explain how the building was built and designed.

Introduction

I. Get the audience’s attention by making them imagine a place…
II. Identify the building by clearly stating what and where it is…
III. Explain why I chose this building.
IV. Preview my main points.

Thesis Statement: I will state my main points in a single, complete sentence; by listing the main points as a statement of fact.

Body ((Will contain at least two main points and no more than 5 main points. Each main point must have a minimum of 2 support statements. All main points and support statements must be full sentences.))

I. How this building came about
A. State my first support. (give facts and history)
B. State my second support. (why its culturally important)
C. Continue for all of your support as needed. (building materials)
1. optional level as needed. (exterior space)
2. optional level as needed. (interior space)
a. optional level as needed. (details)
b. optional level as needed. (publicity)

II. What the building is being used for
A. State my first support. (entertainment)
B. State my second support. (learning and research)

III. Will the building withstand the future
A. State my first support.(interview an architect on their opinions)
B. State your second support. (refer to the in class lessons and reading.. ie. Commodity, firmness, and delight)
Conclusion

I. Summarize my main points in a paragraph or two.
II. Give a final statement in a single sentence leaving the reader with a clear understanding.

Potential Problems:
I fear that because the building I had chosen to study is out of country there will be some security problems with getting floor plans and good quality information in English. Also I feel that I am at a disadvantage because the building is out of country therefore I am unable to visit or tour the structure. I originally wanted to choose the Maui Ocean Center because I was fortunate enough to be able to visit it; however, there was even less information available on that subject.

The one thing that may be in my favor is that the design company that constructed this building is an American based company. Also, from what I have researched, the organisation built this building sustainably. If students cannot gather information from the building or its designers is the University capable or sending official papers stating that we are in fact an institution of greater learning in need of research materials?

No comments: