Sunday, March 7, 2010

India: The Arrival


Here is Robert taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. We were so excited to be in India that we took pictures of nearly everything.


Some purple flowers from our hostels garden.


This image is of a woman sweeping. If it weren't for the slow shutter speed of my camera you would be able to see the broom. In India most brooms are self made from a gathering of twigs and then are bound by a hemp or twine like material. There are no handles so the sweeper hops from foot to foot while in a crouched position.


More flowers, this one reminded me of the movie The Jungle Book.


Heres a view from the third floor tarries at the Y.W.C.A. Hostel in New Delhi. I couldn't help but think of Disney's Aladdin.


In this image, there are matrices that the hostel wasn't using at the time. I'm not really sure if they intended on using them agin... if I had to guess I'd dare to say that they were going to be reused. The bright back light is from the open air tarries. There were lizards and other insects that were free to rome the complex, this includes inside and outside the hostel.


One cannot fully appreciate the relief students felt when we found out that our first hostel had western toilets. In fact, me and Carlos high-fived!


Indian's are quite resourceful. Here is a picture of Carlos holding a clothing hanger. The perspective is not off, that is really the shape of the makeshift hanger.


This is one of the many abandoned dogs we found laying on the street. I think we named him Biscuit.

No comments: