Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pella


I came up with Pella’s structure by simply removing the base of Orca, also by simplifying the shapes of paper which I used. The cylindrical shape of the paper was now more appropriate in comparison to the shape of the 12 twigs that I used. However, there was still something missing from my project, something that didn’t make it seam finished. And that’s when I thought back to critiques and in almost every one someone’s project got flipped on its side. That is was inspired me to place my project on a ball of clay which is also what the base and adhesive consist of. And that’s how it got its name Pella- is the Italian word for ball. In order to make sure that the project would hold itself for a long period of time I research Frank Lloyd Wrights Fallingwater because he used the natural materials around the houses location and built the house into the mountain’s stream rather then placing it on top.

No comments: