Monday, October 6, 2008

Unity compare and contrast


Clairissa Anderson


Eirca Anderson

Youngmin Moon


As I had mentioned earlier I tried to make my mane focus be placed on the negative space in my project. I then chose Erica Anderson's and Youngmin Moon's projects to be compared with mine. I absolutely love the central binding twists in Erica's design. I appreciate her thoughtfulness in the area of proximity with the skewers. While her overall craft could be improved, there is definitely an energetic quality with her work in the way that she made the skewers spiral whiles alternating pointy ends to flat ends.

I also chose Youngmin's project because of the similarities of depth that we both used our projects. I enjoyed how his project appeared to be based off of a vanishing point. While mine and Erica's projects are a bit more static, Youngmin's held a stronger rhythm and repetition.

No comments: