Monday, October 6, 2008

Unity







It took me several tries to come up with my final model. In my original idea, I attempted to make a shape that would strongly focus on the negative space and proximity of the skewers.

My first model had a perimeter shaped like an egg which was made of the 4 x 6 plains. The exterior of this structure was able to hold itself in an upright position because of its strong interior structure. In my second model I tried to step away from the egg shape and focus on the interior structure and the negative space that it made. By doing so the outer structure then took on the form of a rectangle. But there was still more that could be done… so in my third model I then left four 4x6 rectangles out of then perimeter and incorporated them into the central part of the project; thus, creating a visual continuation line on the exterior of the project. I feel that by including the four 4x6 rectangles in to the central part of the project really allowed the entire model to come together in unity and oneness.

No comments: