Monday, April 12, 2010

My Classmates Strengths as a Designer

"Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration." -Thomas Edison

This image "Paper Sculpture: folded architecture detail" was taken from flicker "polyscene's photo stream."

Wesley has a way of thinking differently then I do; this is one of the many reasons why I respect her. There are times when she will hit a road block in her work or designs but she will never gives up until a final result is reached. When it comes to building models she likes for all the parts to be connected to one another through joinery. If someone were to take apart one of her models most likely they would be able to see that it is made of one solid material with many different folds and cuts. I don’t know how her brain works this way! I have been diagnosed with dyslexia so naturally one would think that I do everything backwards or even see things in ways that others would not… and usually that is the case. However, Wesley has this wonderful talent of creatively piecing different parts of one solid material together in a way that my brain simply can not figure out.

No comments: